What is a Typing Test?
A typing test is a practical test used to measure a person’s typing speed and accuracy. A typing club usually involves a passage you must type in a given time limit. This test will determine how many words you can type per minute, also called WPM. It will also calculate if you have made any errors while typing; the final result will depend on these factors.
How does Monkey Type Improve Your Typing Speed?
Monkey Type Organization has implemented AI (Artificial intelligence) to generate meaningful passages that will be randomly generated for every test. Basically, you will get different passages for every test. This allows Monkey Type to provide you with a real-life platform where you can practice and significantly improve your typing speed.
How To Improve Typing Speed?
Typing speed has become a very important topic in recent years, thanks to various jobs that require a lot of typing from the user. Increasing your typing speed is a must if you plan to work for such companies in the future. But increasing your typing speed is more than just hitting the keys as fast as possible. It is very easy to use monkeytype, you have just follow our instruction for improving typing speed.
Faster typing speed won’t mean anything if there are a lot of typing errors, punctuation errors, and incorrect sentence formation, among other issues. So, today, we will show you how to increase your typing speed without making errors.
What Makes Monkey Type’s Typing club Different From Others?
Monkey Type’s user-friendly and intuitive user interface allows users to achieve better results. Their use of AI and machine learning capabilities also allows the company to provide you with a better platform that will help you increase your speed in the long run.
What can you do to speed up your typing?
Increasing your typing speeds depends on a couple of factors, such as-
- Keyboard Type : The type of keyboard you use greatly impacts how you type. Two common types of keyboards are mechanical and membrane. There is no perfect keyboard, and which type you end up liking depends entirely on you. So, it is generally recommended that you try typing in both types of keyboards in a store before you buy one.
- Keyboard Positioning : You use the keyboard either in a flat position or in a diagonal position. While it is a personal choice, most people recommend that you start typing at a slanted height, which is said to increase typing speed.
- Proper Posture : Sitting straight on a chair will give you proper posture, which will help you in the long run. With proper posture, your hands will be able to easily reach all the keys on the keyboard without wasting too much effort.
- Finger Placement : Finger placement is very important, and a correct finger placement will encourage muscle memory. Your left-hand fingers should be positioned above the A, S, D, and F keys, while your right-hand finger should be above the H, J, K, and L keys.
Increase Your Typing Speed with These 5 Steps
Step 1 – Practice Makes Perfect
Practice is essential for everything, and the same goes for typing club. The more you type, the better you will get in the long run. Try writing slow initially. As you begin to write, your hands will automatically get used to positioning all the letter keys. As you keep writing, your speed will slowly increase.
Step 2 – Be in a Comfortable Position
Comfort matters a lot. Sit in an uncomfortable position or in the wrong posture. You will have trouble reaching every key on every corner of the keyboard. As you put more effort into reaching all the corners, you will begin to feel muscle fatigue.
Step 3 – Try Not To Look At The Keyboard All The Time
Initially, you must look at the keyboard to type accurately and continuously. Still, as you practice more, you will begin to form muscle memory. This muscle memory will help you type faster and more easily. So, try not to look at the keyboard all the time. Typing while looking at the screen rather than the keyboard will allow you to write even faster. You will no longer waste time looking at the screen, reading the words and then looking back at the keyboard to write it down.
Step 4 – Use Our Type Test Tool
Our typing tool used AI and machine learning technology to bring out meaningful and variety of passages for you to practice on. Each test will have a different passage, and nothing will ever be repeated, just like how it will be in real-life situations.
Step 5 – Keep Making Improvements
As you keep practising, try making improvements each day. Improvements such as being more precise and accurate should be part of your writing habits. Give yourself a challenge that you will try to complete the following passage in 15 seconds.
How Many Types of Typing Tests Are There?
While one can organize different types of typing tests, usually, there are only three. Here they are -
- Text Passage Typing Test : In this test, you will be asked to write a normal text passage that will be mentioned on the screen. You must type in exactly what is mentioned in the message in a stipulated period. The passage could be different every time you start the test. This is done to prevent cheating.
- Transcript Typing Test : In this test, you will need to listen for spoken words and turn them into written words. A sentence or passage will be spoken to you, and you will have to write everything you hear, word for word. Everything you write must be written just how it was spoken to you. This test requires great hearing ability.
- Data Entry Test : This test will require you to fill in the entries with a specific data set, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, and bank balances, among others, with great accuracy. This type of test is very important for banking, financial, and various other jobs where data entry is a key aspect.
Monkeytype can be used to increase your typing speed and accuracy. Speed won’t mean much if you have an accuracy of around 50 – 60%. Set your goals accordingly, and then you will have to work hard to achieve the said goals.